While freelance solicitors are becoming more usual in the US and UK, so far, I am the only one in Ireland. I have been operating this model since January 2013.
Using freelance solicitors is a cost-effective way of scaling a practice or legal team without the commitment of taking on a permanent employee. When the work is there, there is someone on call with the skills to do it.
Examples of situations where you might need a freelance solicitor: –
1. you are struggling to meet client expectations
2. you are feeling overworked
3. you are spending more time working in your business than on your business
4. you need a holiday
It a good idea to use my services where: –
1. you have landed a big project where you need a helping hand
2. you want to work more on client development
3. you are thinking of taking on an employee but don’t quite have enough work for them
4. you are operating a virtual law firm model and are looking for a commercial/tech lawyer
Please do get in touch. I will be delighted to lend a helping hand to your company or legal practice.